Monday, June 10, 2013

Release Date - Let the Countdown Begin!

Happy Monday!
I have really exciting news to share...really exciting. Are you ready? Wait for it....wait for it...wait for it...


This Friday! THIS FRIDAY! *runs around screaming, arms flailing*

I cannot believe it! It's finally ALMOST here! In order to celebrate I've got quotes, music, and teasers! Eeep! And I'm thinking come Friday we should have a par-tay! *dances awkwardly*

Let's get things started courtesy of one of the sweetest most beautiful men alive--Alex.


*swoon* Here's the music that inspired that scene....




And let's round out this awesome day with my first teaser for Soul Survivor! Enjoy! ;)




“Alex—you did this,” I scanned the rooftop once more and noticed a bouquet of pink and purple flowers next to our covered plates. “You did this for me?”
 

He nodded his dashing smile lining his handsome face.

“So you like it then?” He asked putting his arm around me.

I nodded no words could convey how perfect this was or how deeply this touched my heart.

“Well, let’s have a seat and eat before you dinner gets cold.” He gently guided me to my seat. “Kick off your shoes, make yourself comfortable.” I slid my feet out of my heels and settled down on my cushion. I watched as Alex, in his khakis and dark blue button down shirt, slid off his dress shoes and did the same.

“I made you spaghetti. I hope you like it. It’s the only other thing I know I can cook.” He smiled as he removed the covers from our plates. I sighed again. This was all too perfect. Why would he go to all this effort for me? I’m just his friend.

“Hailee, are you all right? You’ve barely said anything.”

“I’m sorry, Alex. It’s just this is so amazing and I’m just a little confused.”

“Confused?” The way his brow creased was incredibly endearing.
 

“Yeah, I mean why go to all this trouble for me.”

“Why not?” He reached for my hands holding them tightly, “Hailee, we share something special don’t we? From the moment I met you on that street, I felt it. There’s something here. A bond. Something. I know we haven’t known each other very long but I can’t help it.” He examined my face. “Please tell me you feel it too?”

I bit my lip, floored by his confession. “I do. I feel a lot of things for your Alex but I’m…it’s just…I have no idea what I’m doing. I’m horrible at making friends and relationships well I have zero experience there and I just…”

He released my hands and rested his thumb on my lips.

“Hailee, do you care about me?” He whispered.

I nodded.

“Then, why don’t we just take this one step at a time, all right?”

I nodded again my lips tingling from his touch. He gently slid our plates to the side as he scooted closer towards me. I was frozen, still from his thumb resting on my lips. “Trust me. I know what I’m doing.” 



No comments:

Post a Comment