Saturday, December 17, 2011

Interview with Devyn Dawson



I have the great honor of hosting Devyn Dawson (author of The Legacy of Kilkenny) today on my blog! She graciously offered to be my first guest and I couldn’t be more thrilled! Check out her interview below and be sure to head over to Amazon and purchase The Legacy of Kilkenny along with her novelette The Seduction, if you don’t already have them in your library! Or see details below on how to enter to win BOTH books for FREE!

MN: Devyn, knowing that you are a fan of vampires and werewolves and such are you Team Edward or Team Jacob?


DD: In the books - I am totally Edward, movies not so much - team Jacob!

MN: I couldn’t agree with you more!!!! There is something about Taylor Lautner that makes me fall in love with Jacob more and more. I wonder if it’s the lack of clothing?

MN: Moving on...Team Bill or Team Eric?

DD: Team ERIC. I am all the way Eric!

MN: And finally, Team Stefan or Team Damon?

DD: In the show I am all the way team Damon (I wrote my vampire Arian with Damon in mind) - book though it was Stefan.

MN: I blame Ian Somerhalder…he is just way too good of an actor! And those eyes….

MN: When can we expect Malevolence (The Legacy of Kilkenny – Book 2) to hit the shelves?

DD: I am hoping Malevolence will be available in Jan 2012 (life got in the way and I fell behind)

MN:I am sure it will be worth the wait! I can’t wait to spend some more time with Abel and Pru.

MN: In the spirit of Christmas, what is your favorite Christmas movie of all time?


DD: Elf really makes me laugh and Surviving Christmas with Ben Affleck cracked me up.

MN: Good choices…how can you not love Elf…Will Ferrel, come on now! “Smiling’s my favorite!”

MN: What is the weirdest gift you have given or received for Christmas?

DD: When my son would act up, we’d say that his J A gene was showing - he didn’t know it was code for jackass - one year we gave him a stuffed donkey.

We had a family friend that was a Goodwill & garage sale junkie - She bought us all Christmas sweaters - in very odd sizes. Anyone else would have thought she was going for the off the wall ugly Christmas sweater…but no, she gave them with the idea we would wear them. I think my husband’s sweater had pom poms in green and red all over it! I wish we had taken a picture!

MN: If you could be any character…book, movie, or tv, who would you be and why?

DD: I’d be Ellen - imagine what it would be like to be loved by millions and millions of people. I’d love to be loved like that.. could you imagine all the good things that she does for people? That would be amazing.

MN: This may just be my personal opinion (although I’m sure others would agree) but I think you are well on your way to becoming loved my millions, just like Ellen. In the short time you’ve been my cyber friend, the kindness you have shown me has certainly changed my life for the better! :)

MN: Do you prefer mittens or gloves?

DD: Mostly I’m not ever outside long enough for my hands to get cold. I wear gloves but I prefer mittens.

MN: What inspired you to take the leap and share your amazing stories with the world as an indie author?

DD: I went out and queried agents, they rejected me because there were too many werewolf books out there. I disagreed. I work part time in a book store to see what people are reading….they are reading supernatural books like crazy. I wanted the opportunity to have full control of my book… I picked the title, the cover, and I kept my story as I saw it in my head. It has been fun and I look forward to the future. I have a few series running through my head, I hope to share them soon.

MN: I can’t wait to read these other series one day in the future. And for the record, your werewolf book is original and unique. The way you utilize the differing points of view while keeping continuity in the book is very impressive. That definitely takes a lot of talent and skill!

MN: Thank you, Devyn, for being my first amazing guest! Your kindness and encouragement has touched my heart! You are beyond awesome!

DD: Thank you for having me! 

Now, we aren't done yet friends! We can't have a special guest without a giveaway, right?! Just leave a comment along with your email address to be entered to win e-book copies of The Legacy of Kilkenny and The Seduction along with other great swag!!!! Miss Devyn also has agreed that if you are the winner and already own a copy of either book, she will also send a code to share with a friend! I'm sure there will be plenty of lucky recipients of e-readers this Christmas, and Devyn's books would be an awesome way to start off their e-book collections. Contest will remain open through December 31st, so leave your comment and email address and keep a look out for an email from Devyn! Good luck everyone! :)

Happy Holidays!

EXTENDED DEADLINE ENTER TO WIN BY JANUARY 6TH!!!!!







2 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love the Devyn Dawson book that I've read and can't wait to read more from her! On a separate note, how did I miss knowing that you had a blogspot, Michelle?! I love love love this and can't wait to become a loyal follower. :) Love you girl! Lovelyjessmarie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either of these! They sound great! mireille.chester(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete